Today we’ll be featuring a special recipe that is simple, quick and easy to make at home. To kick us off, we’re starting by sharing the recipe for our world famous doughnut muffins!
- 420g plain flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 330 caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 375ml buttermilk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 130ml sunflower oil
For eating and dipping:
- 25g unsalted butter, melted
- 300g caster sugar
- ½ jar raspberry jam
What you need:
- 2, 12 hole muffin trays, well greased
- Piping bag fitted with a plain tip
- Pre heat the oven to 150 degrees / gas mark 6
- Put all dry ingredients in a bowl, add all wet ingredients and mix until just combined, do not overmix
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tray holes, filling until ¾ of the way up
- Bake in pre heated oven for 22-30 minutes, a wooden skewer inserted into the middle should come out dry and crumby
- Whilst the muffins are baking, put melted butter and sugar into their own shallow bowls and set aside
- Remove the muffin trays from the oven and tip the muffins out
- Immediately dip the muffins in the melted butter, then roll in the sugar until evenly coated
- Fill the prepared piping bag with jam, push the tip through the top (or bottom of you want them to look neater).
- Pipe one tablespoon of jam into each donut and serve immediately.
Eventually we’ll be sharing another fantastic recipe, when you make these at home, please do let us know how you get on, you can even tweet us a picture and we’ll make sure to share it!